|This article is under construction.
he Japanese Academy Awards (日本アカデミー賞,?, lit. Japan Academy of Commerce) is a Japanese Academy Award Association is sponsored by Japan of Film Awards are. Nippon Akademii-shou
TV by the popular 1950s since the latter half of the audience reduced to suffer from the movie relationship we have, Japanese film for the activation of the world, the United States of Academy Award imitating, established in the form of its "goodwill divided", 1978 Was held for the first time.
Chairman Shiro Kido of Shochiku and others had been looking for an event of that kind for several years before the company was founded, but it was difficult due to lack of financial outlook. After that, Dentsu took the lead and arranged Nippon TV for the broadcasting station . With the cooperation of four major Japanese film companies and people in the industry centered on Toei President Shigeru Okada , the first event was held in three months.
The main sources of operating expenses are the contributions of each movie company and the broadcasting rights fees for the awards ceremony. The British Academy Award is one of the similar film awards . France of César Award is also something that has been founded an Academy Award as a reference, but the format of "goodwill division" is not taken.
Unlike many other movie awards in Japan, the Japan Academy Awards have not only award for work, director, screenplay and actor, but also technical category.
The selection of the awards will be done by voting by members of the Japan Academy Awards Association. The Japan Academy Awards Association is made up of film professionals from Japan. Members are given free pass privileges at major cinemas. The number of members was about 1200 at the end of December 1980, but as of 2007 it has reached 4000 to 5000.
The films subject to selection are films released in Tokyo from December of the year before to December of the previous year. It used to be from January to December of the previous year, but at the same time that the Honke Academy Award was held from the end of March to the end of February, the timing of the award was accelerated and the target The release period of Naru is also advanced.
There are 15 categories of prizes to be awarded, and there are also new actor awards. The excellent prize of the regular prize (corresponding to the nomination) and the new actor award are selected by voting (all members of the association), and among them, for the regular prize, the highest prize is selected by voting (all members of the association). Although he has not been nominated for an excellent work award for a long time , the " Princess Mononoke " in 1998 won the best work award for the first time. From 2007, the Academy Awards of the original family was founded as the animation division, and the animation division was newly established as an independent division.
|Regular prize||Other awards|
- Among the prizes other than the regular prize, only the association special prize is awarded the bronze statue. 2 "All Night Nippon Topic Award" ( determined by votes from listeners of " All Night Nippon ").
The Japan Academy Awards have a special significance as a movie award selected by the movie industry itself, and at the same time, have a rarity as a movie award that has a staff category award. Although it is a newly launched movie award among domestic movie awards, it has the eventality of announcing the highest award at the award ceremony for the first time, and due to the influence of the Japan Academy Awards Association, the sponsor that supports it, in recent years , Is improving its position in the movie industry.
However, the Japan Academy Awards Association, which selects awards, includes people such as film directors and actors, but 30% of them are affiliated companies of the Japan Film Makers Federation (Eiren), namely four companies : Shochiku , Toho , Toei , and Kadokawa Film. It is composed of employees of its affiliated companies. Therefore, when selecting the Excellence Award, it is said that the works produced or distributed by the above four companies will be advantageous, and the chance of selecting works distributed by other movie companies is low.
Also, it is difficult for about 4000 Academy members to see all the major works. Therefore, unlike the movie awards, which are judged by a small number of selection committees, the fact that they do not leave a certain level of box office income may not even be the subject of evaluation by members. Therefore, small-scale screenings such as single-story exhibitions will have to be distressed.
As a result of these, the directors and their works with a large track record and their works, the prizes are heavily weighted on the actors, and the tendency that works that have gained popular support and at the same time have a high reputation in the content monopolize the main category awards. Is strong.
Award Ceremony Broadcast
The Nippon Academy Award has been broadcast by Nippon Television, which has the right to broadcast, consistently since the first episode (1978). Initially, it was broadcast live by terrestrial broadcasting, but after that, it was broadcast by a combination of recording and live broadcasting.
In addition, after the establishment of "All Night Nippon Topic Award" in 1980 (3rd), "All Night Nippon" ( Nippon Broadcasting Co. , Ltd. ) formed a special program to broadcast the award ceremony at midnight.
Then it seems that there is no particular coverage restrictions for other affiliated stations other than Nippon Television, and the award ceremony video is normally used in the information program broadcast the next morning.
- In 1979 (2nd), the party admission ticket of 40,000 yen, which was criticized by some for its high price, was greatly reduced to 8,000 yen.
- 1981 (4th) Akira Kurosawa declined the award for excellence in " Kagemusha " (1980) as "unauthorized awards are not recognized" (the official reason is "scheduling convenience"). The actors and staff who appeared in the show also respected their intentions and declined all nominations. Shingo Yamashiro, the host of the award ceremony, responded by saying, ``Although I receive the award that already has authority, the person who says that the award that the moviemaker is going to raise is not necessary because there is no authority, I do not need to win it.'' Criticism. The best work award was awarded to " Tsigoinel Weizen ", which is independently produced and distributed .
- 1985 (8th) Independently produced " funeral " (distributed by ATG Japan Art Theater Guild ) won the Best Work Award.
- Akira Kurosawa, who declined the nomination for " Kagemusha " at the 4th in 1991 (14th) , accepted the work award and director award nomination for " Dream ", but ended uncrowned.
- 1996 (19th) Independent production " Afternoon Wills " (Distribution: Japan Herald Movie ) won the Best Work Award.
- 1997 (20th) " Shall we Dance? " won the record 13 crowns.
- In 1998 (21st), " Princess Mononoke " was nominated for the first time as an animation and won the best award.
- In 2002 (25th) Ken Takakura declined the Best Actor Award in " Firefly " as "I want to give way to a junior actor."
- 2005 (28th) Masami Nagasawa, who starred in “ Ai Sabu Ai wa kotei no suru wo te ” , won the Best Supporting Actress at the age of 17 which is the youngest in all categories.
- 2007 ( 30th ) “ Samurai no Ichibu ” Takuya Kimura declined the Best Actor Award from the Johnny's Office , which he said “I don't want to compete with other people for the highest award”. It is the first time in history to decline a nomination for obvious reasons). In addition, " Hula Girl " (Production/Distribution: Cinekanon) has won the Best Work Award since "Zigoiner Weizen" (4th) as an independent system for both production and distribution.
Past award ceremony moderators
Hiroshi Sekiguchi has been the male host since 1998 . Since 1999, the female host has been the winner of the Best Actress Award of the previous year.
|6||1983||Yamashiro Shingo||Eri Ishida|
|7||1984||Frankie Sakai||Ayako Sawada|
|8||1985||Takeda Tetsuya||Takakura Miki|
|9||1986||Takeda Tetsuya||Dan Fumi|
|Ten||1987||Takeda Tetsuya||Yuko Natori|
|11||1988||Takeda Tetsuya||Yuki Saito|
|12||1989||Takeda Tetsuya||Katase Rino|
|13||1990||Toshiyuki Nishida||Yoko Shimada|
|14||1991||Tadao Takashima||Yuko Furukawa|
|15||1992||Tadao Takashima||Yoshiko Tanaka|
|16||1993||Tadao Takashima||Keiko Matsuzaka|
|17||1994||Tadao Takashima||Yoko Minamino|
|18||1995||Tadao Takashima||Yoshiko Mita|
|19||1996||Toshiyuki Nishida||Katase Rino|
|20||1997||Toshiyuki Nishida||Ayumi Ishida|
|twenty one||1998||Hiroshi Sekiguchi||Yuko Asano|
|twenty two||1999||Hiroshi Sekiguchi||Kuroki Hitomi|
|twenty three||year 2000||Hiroshi Sekiguchi||Mieko Harada|
|twenty four||2001||Hiroshi Sekiguchi||Shinobu Otake|
|twenty five||2002||Hiroshi Sekiguchi||Sayuri Yoshinaga|
|26||2003||Hiroshi Sekiguchi||Keiko Kishi|
|27||2004||Hiroshi Sekiguchi||Miyazawa Rie|
|28||Year 2005||Hiroshi Sekiguchi||Shinobu Terashima|
|29||2006||Hiroshi Sekiguchi||Kyoka Suzuki|
|30||2007||Hiroshi Sekiguchi||Sayuri Yoshinaga|
|31||2008||Hiroshi Sekiguchi||Nakatani Miki|
|32||2009||Hiroshi Sekiguchi||Rare forest|