New Toho co., ltd. (新東宝株式会社 or 新東宝?, Lit. New Tōhō Company Ltd.) or Shintoho Shintōhō kabushiki kaisha or Shintōhō is a film studio, Once was present in Tokyo Japan of the movie company is. Established as Shintoho Eiga Seisakusho Co. , Ltd. in March 1947 (Showa 22), and was established as New Toho Co. , Ltd. in April 1948 (Showa 23) , and in 1958 (Showa 33) ) Has changed to the trade name in February . It went bankrupt in 1961 (Showa 36) and changed its trade name to International Broadcasting Co. , Ltd. in 1964 (1964).
The company survived 1947-produced more than 800 movies in the 14 years of 1961. In the early days, there was a strong literary color, and some films were highly acclaimed, such as " Nishi Tsuru Ichiyojo ," which won the international award at the Venice International Film Festival . In the latter half of the year, the color of the works will be changed drastically, and it will be a thorough entertainment and popular route represented by " eroglo ".
It is a separate company from "Shin Toho Kogyo Co., Ltd." and "Shin Toho Movie Co., Ltd." which call themselves "Shin Toho" after the bankruptcy of the company. ⇒ # after bankruptcy , new Toho movie.
during the Golden Age of Japanese cinema. It was founded by defectors from the original Toho company following a bitter strike in 1947.
To compete with the other major studios in the horror/supernatural movie field, Shintoho turned out a large group of such films between 1957 and 1960, including a number of period ghost movies and low-budget science fiction films (such as the Starman (Super Giant) series which was designed to compete with rival then-popular characters Planet Prince, Space Chief and Moonlight Mask). Shintoho declared bankruptcy in 1961, its last production being Jigoku.
From the Toho Great Dispute
One year after the end of World War II , it was launched in November 1946 (Showa 21) in the midst of the Second Toho dispute , neither Toho 's management side nor political labor union side actor- Denjirō Ōkōchi was agreed to, Kazuo Hasegawa , Yataro Kurokawa , Takako Irie , Susumu Fujita , Ranko Hanai , Isuzu Yamada , Setsuko Hara , Hisako Yamane , Hideko Takamine ten big star of the " meeting of ten people flag a" Formed and left the union. At the same time, together with hundreds of volunteers who left the union, the " Toho No. 2 Photo Studio " (later the International Broadcasting Studio , now Tokyo Media City ) was built outside the Toho Studio (now Toho Studio ) before the war. After four months, he established the New Toho Film Factory on March 25, 1947 (Showa 22) . Kunio Watanabe YaTorajiro Saito and his directors have also moved to Shintoho.
The lineup of Shin Toho Film Manufacturing's founding year is as follows .
- " Toho Senichiya ", composed by Nakamura Fuku ( Kun Ichikawa ), published on February 25
- " Sakura Ondo Today Dance ", director Kunio Watanabe, released on March 25
- "The 99th Bride ", Takeshi Sato , released on April 22
- " Oedo no Ogre ", director Ryo Hagiwara / Toshio Shimura , released on May 6
- " Watch and listen and try ", directed by Tojiro Saito , released on June 17
- " Starting Age ", director Kiyoshi Saeki , released on July 15
- " Someone's dreamless prequel ", director Kunio Watanabe, released on August 12
- "Someone's dreamless second part", director Kunio Watanabe, released on August 19
- " Ukiyo to Heaven ", director Tojiro Saito, co-produced Yoshimoto Productions , released on September 16
- “ Aiyo Hoshi tou ”, director Yutaka Abe , released on September 24
- " Invitation to Happiness ", director Yasuki Chiba , released October 30
- " Bonbon ", directed by Kiyoshi Saeki, released on November 4th
The first film, "Toho Senichiya", was a re-edited version of Toho's archive footage by Kou Ichikawa with a pseudonym of "Nakamura Fuku," centered on members of the "Ten Flags Association." The full-scale production is from "Sakura Ondo Today Dance" starring Kunio Watanabe and Kazuo Hasegawa. In each case, Toho distributed the program and filled the Toho program, which was made impossible due to the dispute.
Officially established as Shintoho Co. , Ltd. on April 25, 1948 ( 1948 ) , Shozaburo Sao , who is the former director of Toho Sales Department and "God of distribution", was appointed.
The new company seemed to support Toho during and immediately after the Toho dispute in the form of "production by New Toho, distribution by Toho", but soon after that Toho began independent production after the dispute subsided. President Toshio Sao of the new Toho, which has been removed from the ladder, announced that it will start voluntary distribution, and found out Toho and Kaoru. At the same time, as an affiliate of Korakuen Stadium (now Tokyo Dome ), Toho has not raised its investment, but it will be an independent film production and distribution company from Toho. However, although he was preparing to establish Shintoho Distribution Co., Ltd. in order to release " Private Penalty " directed by Nobuo Nakagawa in 1948 as the first of his own distribution works , Toho stopped the establishment of Shintoho Distribution Co., Ltd. in a court. The start of voluntary distribution was postponed to 1949 the following day because of the application and acceptance of provisional disposition . Since then, many literary works and works with an urban sense have been announced, but profitability continues.
Appearance of Mitsugu Okura
1955 (1955), based on benshi in, singer - Toshiro Omi Tokyo of the major movie box office main, which is known as the brother of Mitsugu Finance has issued an opinion on the attendance and management as a shareholder in the new Toho of the general shareholders' meeting .. New Toho major shareholder of in this Korakuen Sutadjiamu president, of Toho President Kazumi Kobayashi "Kanto entertainment world of Don" the eye has been in the half - brother of Tanabe SoEi is tuned. Okura is greeted by the president, and effectively buys Shin Toho. There is also a view that Toho had a considerable influence on this point. He recalled the early-shooting master Kunio Watanabe, who had already been transferred to Toei at that time , and has become a director.
The measures taken by Okura here are "cheap, fast, and interesting", and Okura has also established a management one-man system. A poster of the slogan "One test, high production" was posted at the studio. 1957 (Showa 32), directed by Kunio Watanabe and starring Hirotoshi Arashi , " Emperor Meiji and the Great Russo-Japanese War " was an unprecedented hit, but due to a weak distribution network, it has an advantage in the theaters of other companies. I was burned. Before this, there were talks of mergers and integrations with other companies several times, including reintegration with Toho, but each time, it ended in a slump due to opposition from shareholders and battle for leadership after the merger. Meanwhile, young stars such as Ken Utsui , Shigeru Tenchi , Teruo Yoshida , Bunta Sugawara and Yoko Mihara struggled .
Shintoho's "Erogro" route refers to a group of works of sensual glamor actresses such as Michiko Maeda , Yoko Mihara , and Masayo Mari . Many will be gather support person in music in the nickname of "ChuAkira sound" since the 1970s Michiaki Watanabe , masters after the shooting King Hu (Kin Fu) and Bruce Lee supported the Tadashi Nishimoto , excellence Although it had an excellent staff such as an art team with the technology, it was not evaluated fairly in the history of film. The director is Nobuo Nakagawa, a master who remained alone in the prewar era, but as a special case, there are young men with high sense such as Tomoyoshi Doi , Nagayoshi Akasaka , Yusuke Watanabe, and Teruo Ishii who builds the eroglo gold mark in Toei later is also modernism at this time. It was a faction. The actress is familiar with Saburo Kawamoto 's book "Kimimi Wakushiku".
In February 1958, the company name was changed to New Toho Co., Ltd. .
In the same year, Director Watanabe left the company again. Due to Okura's self-righteous one-man constitution, the hit maker Toshio Shimura and star Michiko Maeda also left, and the business performance deteriorated sharply thereafter. In 1959 (Showa 34), Naoko Kubo and Tomisaburo Wakayama transferred to Toei. Even in the late 1950s of the golden age of Japanese movies, which was said to have attracted customers as long as they made a movie, only the Toho movie theaters were snarling.
With the arrival of the TV era, Okura plans to merge with Daini Toei , but the negotiations have broken down. On December 1, 1960, Okura was forced to resign due to a strike by the union. However, the reconstruction plan after that was vacant, and Shin-Toho Co., Ltd. went bankrupt on the end of August 1961 (Showa 36). Broadcasting rights for 554 feature films were sold to NHK and commercial broadcasters in July just before bankruptcy, and since then, they have been broadcast during the daytime hours for several years . Along with this, the six-company agreement of the movie companies collapsed, resulting in a five-company agreement.
After the bankruptcy, Shintoho Co., Ltd. became a liquidation company, and the distribution department of the company was separated , and the distribution company Daiho Co. , Ltd. was established on September 1st of the same year . On November 15 of the same year , the production department was separated and the Nippon Art Film Company (NAC) was established. Shin-Toho Co., Ltd. was divided into three parts and it was decided to aim for business reconstruction.
The distribution company, Daiho, had just distributed five bottles, and on January 10, 1962 (Showa 37) the following day , the business was suspended and the company went bankrupt. Production company NAC succeeded in rebuilding its management after embarking on television movie production with the capital participation of TBS and Fuji TV . In 1964 (Showa 39), it changed its trade name to International Broadcasting Co. , Ltd. .. International Broadcasting is a part of the former "Shin Toho Film Studio" and a successor company that inherits all the rights of Shin Toho's works. Once the company, Hankyu Toho Group (now Hankyu Hanshin Toho Group in one company of), JASDAQ but there was a listed company, Toho of TOB is a wholly-owned subsidiary in, 2011 February 14, was delisted in.
Most of the "Shintoho Film Studio" in Kinuta , Setagaya-ku, Tokyo was sold to Nihon University and became the campus of the Faculty of Commerce , and the rest was taken over by international broadcasting and became the company's TV movie production base. .. Since the 1990s, video shooting of information programs has become the mainstream rather than television movies, so it was rebuilt and renamed Tokyo Media City .
See " International Broadcast " for details
Otokura, who was chased by Shintoho, has transferred " Shintoho No. 2 Film Studio " (previously Tokyo Vocal Movie Studio ) located in Sakura , Setagaya-ku, to his own wholly-owned " Fuji Film " while he was president. It was Fuji movies fit into Okura's hands as they are, and the current Okura movies were made with the company as the mother body, and apart from these, a box office company and a distribution company that were previously owned by the company were merged . The Okura Movie Studio was closed in 1974 (Showa 49), and the site is Okura Land , a comprehensive entertainment facility .
Main article: Okura movie[
New Toho box office Kansai branch office is, to establish a new Toho box office in order to start the supply of work to the new Toho had established West box office network. In addition to the reprint of Shintoho's works, we began distributing sexy Western movies and externally produced short films , and eventually started in-house production. This is the origin of the existing pink movie distributor, " New Toho Movie ". The company has no capital relationship with the Okura movie or Shintoho.
Main article: New Toho movie.
Original Major works
- " Ginza Kankan Musume "
- " Forgotten children, etc. "
- " Stray dog "
- " Snow "
- " Munakata Sisters "
- " Aizen incense "
- " Bungawan Solo "
- "The first woman of Nishitsuru "
- " Place where you can see the chimney "
- " Battleship Yamato "
- "In the shade of my love lila "
- " Before dawn "
- " Woman's Life "
- " Koibun "
- " Submarine Rogo has not yet surfaced "
- " Human Torpedo Kaiten "
- " Hawaiian rare way "
- " Don't lose Japan "
- " Riding the Non-chan cloud "
- " Shiinakami Gakuen "
- " Records of Aogashima Children Teachers "
- " Ranpo Edogawa One Dimension Master "
- " Bride of the Crown Prince "
- " Eight son-in-law wife "
- " Rio's Passion "
- " My name is Patten "
- " Carefree trial "
- " The Revenge of the Queen of Pearls "
- " Ningyo Sahachi Collection of Goods and Bewitching Six Dead Beauty "
- " Neuroze brother's stubborn daughter "
- " Woman Race King "
- " Rebellion of the North Sea "
- " Mr. suit and skirt "
- " Marshal Yamagami and the Combined Fleet "
- " Kingoro soldier "
- "The Emperor Meiji and the Russo-Japanese War "
- " Super Giants " series
- "The military police and the fallen beauty "
- " Dread of the Ama "
- " Physical actress killing five criminals "
- " Queen of war clouds Asia "
- " US-Japan bride and groom replacement battle "
- " Golden of Ghost Swamp "
- " The Third Private of the Sea "
- " The Three Roles of Hibari: Yukinoyuki Change "
- "The military police and ghosts "
- " Queen Bee " series
- " Female body pier "
- " Nude model murder case "
- " Human Eater "
- " Star Poisoning Case "
- " Dirty Body Saint "
- " White line secret zone "
- " Virgin Employee and Strange Wife "
- " Mother of the World "
- " Woman's Breakwater "
- " Nude woman in the sea "
- " Lightning magistrate "
- " Emperor, Empress and Sino-Japanese War "
- " Woman vampire "
- " Amajinomono Mansion "
- " The 99th Raw Girl "
- " Challenge of Ama Akatsuki "
- " Battlefield Nadeshiko "
- " Fighting snowstorm "
- " Chastity Arashi "
- " Eastern Nanami Woman Master "
- " Japan Romance Travel "
- "A princess standing in a storm "
- "The Great East Asian War and International Trials "
- " Meiji the Great and Shogun Nogi "
- " Nude Woman and Murder Maze "
- "The fierce battle horizon "
- " Woman Cavern "
- " Imperial Family, War and My People "
- " Genocide "
- " Jailbreak for female prisoners "
- " Hell "
- " Bride Vampire "
- " Yellow zone "
- " Black Line Zone "
- " Violent Five Daughters "
- " Woman's spiral island "
- " Women of the Zero Line "
- " Woman Phantom Thief Holding a Bomb "
- " Serpent's Indecent "
- " Girl's wife, the terrifying sixteen "
- "When a Man Sees Blood "
- " Female slave ship "
- " The Beast of the Body "
- " Black breast "
- " Sun, blood and sand "
- " Dating Love Course "
- " Contract marriage "
- "The horizon is glaring "
- " Sexy zone "
- "A wilderness robber "
- Daisuke Ito (1 work in 1953, 3 works in 1955, a total of 4 works)
- Hiranosuke Gosho (2 directors in 1954)
- Hiroshi Shimizu (1949-1956 period, distribution of honeycomb works and 7 works directed by Barter)
- Kunio Watanabe (1947-1950/1955-1957, 50 directors in total)
- Toshio Shimura (1947-1954/1956-1957 enrolled, 31 directors in total)
- Masaki Mori ( 1947-1961 enrolled, 39 films directed)
- Kiyoshi Saeki (1947-1951, 14 directors)
- Seiichiro Uchikawa (1947-1956 enrolled, 12 works director)
- Torajirou Saito (participated in the establishment in 1947, directed across 35 companies and directed 35 works by 1960)
- Nobuo Aoyagi (1947-1956, working as a producer, returning to the director in 1952, 6 films including one in Shinei production and one in Kyowa production in 1953)
- Hiroshi Inagaki (4 directors during the period 1948-1950)
- Hiromasa Nomura (1949, 1952-1955, 1957-1959, 18 films in total)
- Masahiro Makino (not enrolled, CAC in 1950, Tokyo Production in 1952, Shinsei Production in the same year and 1953, 2 works in 1955, 6 works in total)
- Kajiro Yamamoto (1 work in partnership with the Film Arts Association in 1949, 1 work in 1955, 2 works in total)
- Koji Shima (1949-1951, 9 works, 2 in 1952, a total of 11 works)
- Kazuo Mori (not registered, 1 work in 1949, 2 works in 1953, 1 work in Sougen Pro in 1954, 4 works in total)
- Kozo Saeki (4 films directed by Daiei Tokyo Studio)
- Motoyoshi Oda ( 1 member in Geien Pro, 1 film in Shin-RIKEN movie, 1 film in 1st TV, 1 film in 1952, while still being a member of the Nihon Theater union in Toho )
- Keigo Kimura (only one work in 1952, still at Daiei Tokyo Studio)
- Eisuke Takizawa (while still at Toho, only one work by Shin Riken Pro in 1953)
- Mikio Naruse (1 film in 1950, 1 film in 1951, 1 film in 1952, 3 films in total)
- Kyantaro Namiki (enrolled, 1950-11 works in 1953, 1953-7 works in 1955, 1956-16 works in 1960, 34 works in total)
- Yasujiro Ozu ( enrolled in Shochiku Ofuna studio , directing only one film in 1950)
- Kenji Mizoguchi (not enrolled, 1 work by Takimura Productions in 1950, 1 work by Koi Productions in 1952, 2 directors in total)
- Shiro Toyoda (not enrolled, only two directed by Fujimoto Production in 1951)
- Taizo Fuyushima (not enrolled, 1950-1955 Ito Production, 2 new production production directors, including a total of 10 directors)
- Akira Hagiwara (1951-1955 enrolled in Takara Productions , including Japanese and American movies, total nine directors)
- Yasushi Kato (2 films in 1951 and 2 films in 1955 when he was a member of Takara Productions, directed by 4 films in total)
- Seiji Maruyama (Directed only one production of Geien Production/Toko Film in 1951)
- Nobuo Nakagawa (1947-1963, 49 directors)
- Ko Ichikawa (1947-1951, 14 directors)
- Teruo Ishii ( 1947-1961 , 21 directors)
- Tatsuo Yamada ( 1947-1961 , 22 directors)
- Shinichi Sekizawa (1950-1957 enrolled, only one Kunimitsu movie in 1956)
- Yusuke Watanabe (1950s-1961 enrolled, 3 works director)
- Umeji Inoue ( 1952--1954 , 8 directors in total)
- Munee Matsubayashi (1947-1956, enrolled in 11 films)
- Hideo Suzuki (not enrolled, only one director in a 1952 Dentsu movie)
- Toshinobu Sabu (not enrolled, 1 production at Tokyo Production in 1952, 1 production at Actor in 1953, 1 production at 1954, 3 productions in total)
- Tatsuo Saito (not enrolled, 1 film in 1953 in Shinei Production, 1 film in Nanba Film, 2 films in total)
- Kento Shindo (1953-1954, 4 directors including 1956, produced only by the Modern Film Association )
- Tomu Uchida (not enrolled, enrolled in Toei, only 1 work in 1955)
- Mizuho Harumi (not enrolled, only one movie in 1955, with the number contract with Tokyo movie )
- Iho Ikeda (not enrolled, retired in 1953 by supervising two works)
- Shozo Kumita (not enrolled, directed by 1953)
- Kinyo Tanaka (not enrolled, directed by 1953)
- Shizuko Hisamatsu (not enrolled, directed by 1 in 1954)
- Takeshi Sato (1947-1950 enrolled, including nine directors after independence)
- Ryo Hagiwara (participating in the establishment in 1947, only 2 works, including 5 directors in total)
- Yutaka Abe (1947-1955, 17 films directed)
- Yasuki Chiba (1947-1948, 2 films when enrolled, including 7 directors in total)
- Akira Kurosawa (Not affiliated, formed a film art association in 1949, and directed 1 work)
- Yoshimitsu Onoda ( 1951--1961 enrolled at Fuji Film in 1958, director debut, total 15 directors)
- Michiyoshi Doi (around 1950-enrolled in 1961, director of 12 works)
- Akasaka Nagayoshi ( 1950-1960 , 6 works director)
- Shiro Komori (1947-1961, 27 directors)
- Satoru Kobayashi (1954-1961 enrolled, but directed by Fuji movie production 9 directed)
- Keinosuke Tsuchiya ( 1953--1960 , 1 director in 1960)
- Yoshihiro Ishikawa (1954-1961 enrolled, 1960-1961 total four directors)
- Norio Nakagawa (1 director in 1957 for Shinei Production, 1 for 1958 US/NTV film, and 1 for Nakagawa Production in 3 directors)
- Tomirou Omi (not enrolled, 1956-1960 Fuji movie only 23 total directors)
- Hiromichi Takebe (1957-1961, one director in 1961)
- Akira Miwa (1950s-1961 enrolled in total 9 films)
- Keiji Shimomura (1950s-1961 enrolled, 1 film director)
- Shigeo Takahashi (1950s-1962, assistant director)
- Yoshitaro Shibata (1953--1961, Assistant Director)
- Makiji Katsumata ( 1950-1961 , assistant director)
- Eizo Yamagiwa ( 1955-1961 , Assistant Director)
- Hirotoro Arashi
- Yataro Kurokawa
- Okochi Denjiro
- Susumu Fujita
- Jun Tasaki
- Funabashi Gen
- Tomisaburo Wakayama
- Tetsuro Tamba
- Ken Utsui
- Shigeru Tenchi
- Nakayama Shoji
- Tadao Takashima
- Midori Matsubara
- Hiro Ayukawa
- Shin Takahashi
- Toshio Hosokawa
- Yuji Kawakita
- Egawa Ureo
- Keinosuke Wada ( Takashi Wada )
- Bunta Sugawara
- Teruo Yoshida
- Shuntaro Emi (Wataru Emi)
- Youichi Numata
- Eiji Wakasugi ( Ryutaro Amagi )
- Hiroshi Hayashi
- Akechi Jusaburo
- Shozaburo Date
- Keiji Takamiya
- Terashima Tatsuo
- Toshiaki Konoe
- Hiroshi Asami
- Otomo Jun
- Kotaro Sugiyama
- Hiroyuki Ota ( child )
- Hideko Takamine
- Ranki Hanai
- Kuji Asami
- Kyoko Kagawa
- Sachiko left
- Maeda Michiko
- Ayako Ebata
- Miyuki Takakura
- Naoko Kubo
- Mihara Yoko
- Masayo Banri
- Junko Ikeuchi
- Mayumi Ozora (Mayumi Ozora)
- Mitsuya Utako
- Chisako Hara
- Noriko Kitazawa
- Hisako Yamane
- Kinako Obata ( Kinako Obata )
- Misako Uji ( Misa Yamanaka )
- Junko Uozumi
- Hibino Keiko
- Kyoko Ogimachi
- Terumi Hoshi
- Mako Sanjo (later renamed Sanjo Eriko)
- Wakasugi Yoshiko
- Satoko Anzai
- Akiko Yamashita
- Kyoko Yashiro
- Reiko Seto
- Akemi Chikushi
- Kinyo Tanaka
- Yasuko Mita
- Sakyo Ryoko
Main article: List of New Toho films
This is a list of references for New Toho. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: